Its back moves as your back moves. Its arms move as your arms move. Its seat moves as your seat moves. It's first chair actually changes shape to mimic and support movement of your spine. As result of 11 studies with over 700 participants conducted across 4 universities amongst 27 scientists, Leap® chair is backed by four years of research and embodies ergonomic discoveries made by Steelcase Design Studio and IDEO. Because of an exceptional range of adjustments, Leap® is perfect for anyone and thanks to its advanced technology and extraordinary comfort, Leap® chair is proven technology and a healthier way to sit.
- Refined iconic design, like new condition
- Amazing ergonomic comfort
- Fabric seat and inner back
- Black plastic outer back, frame and base
- Thermal comfort design offers excellent "breathability"
- Patented "live back" technology supports entire spine
- Natural glide System allows reclining without disrupting work
- Upper back force control customizes level of "push back" when reclining
- Variable back stop with five recline angle positions
- Flexible seat edge relieves pressure on back of legs
- Lower back firmness control
- Adjustable seat depth
- Pneumatic adjustable seat height
- Ships fully assembled
- Winner of numerous awards including NeoCon's Most Innovative Design Award and Wall Street Journal's Best Overall Desk Chair
- Has been tested for up to 300 lbs
The Leap® chair's back changes shape to support the entire spine. This can reduce the chance of lower back sag and a hunched posture, which may weaken disc walls, stress back ligaments and cause deterioration of the spine.
b. Thermal Comfort
Thanks to slats in both its back and seat, and the special foam it uses, the Leap® chair offers excellent "breathability". It effectively controls a balance of heat and moisture so you stay comfortable.
c. Adjustable Seat D
People don't fit neatly into average body sizes. Leg and torso lengths can vary independent of a person's overall height. Adjustable seat D accommodates different body shapes for long-term comfort.
d. Lower Back Firmness
Lower back firmness control enables you to set a constant amount of firmness to help maintain your lower spine's natural curve.
e. Height, D, W, and Pivot Arms
Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports the wrists, forearms, shoulders and neck.
f. Natural Glide System™
As you recline, the seat glides forward so you can recline without leaving your Vision and Reach Zone, so you stay oriented to your work. This encourages more varied postures so there's less static load on the spine.
g. Flexible Seat Edge
When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs.
h. Upper Back Force
Upper back force control enables you to set the amount of "push back" that you desire as you recline, regardless of body size. So you'll receive just the right amount of recline support.
- Seat height from floor: 15.5" - 20.5"
- Seat width: 19.25"
- Functional seat depth: 15.75" - 18.75"
- Back width: 18"
- Back height from seat: 25"
- Width between arms: 13" - 20"
- Seat pan angle: -1° - 3°
- Overall dimensions: 38.5" - 43.5" H x 27" W x 21.75" - 24.75" D
- Leap® is made from powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, and 100% polyester fabric
- Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with soft, dry cloth
- Fabric: Use vacuum cleaner for regular cleaning
- Do not steam clean
- Most stains can be removed by applying mild soap to slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over stain. Wipe dry
- Leap® chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Leap® manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes
- Cushioning in back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable
- To reduce packaging waste, Leap® chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap® by 74%, resulting in significant reduction in amount of energy used in production
- Leap® chair is designed for long life. To ensure happens, back cushions, seat assembly, arms, and lumbar support can be added, changed, or replaced at any time
- Leap® is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.