It’s all here! Once you add the product above to your cart, we make it easy to select more items you may need.
Its back moves as your back moves. Its arms move as your arms move. Its seat moves as your seat moves. It's first chair actually changes shape to mimic and support movement of your spine. As result of 11 studies with over 700 participants conducted across 4 universities amongst 27 scientists, Leap® chair is backed by four years of research and embodies ergonomic discoveries made by Steelcase Design Studio and IDEO. Because of an exceptional range of adjustments, Leap® is perfect for anyone and thanks to its advanced technology and extraordinary comfort, Leap® chair is proven technology healthier way to sit.
- Refined iconic design
- Amazing ergonomic comfort
- Leather seat and back
- Thermal comfort design offers excellent ''breathability''
- Patented ''live back'' technology supports entire spine
- Natural glide system allows reclining without disrupting work
- Upper back force control customizes level of ''push back'' when reclining
- Variable back stop with five recline angle positions
- Flexible seat edge relieves pressure on back of legs
- Lower back firmness control
- Adjustable seat depth
- Pneumatically adjustable seat height
- Winner of numerous awards including NeoCon's Most Innovative Design Award and Wall Street Journal's Best Overall Desk Chair
- Has been tested for up to 300 lbs
- Seat pan angle: -1° - 3°
- Leap® is made from powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, and leather
- Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with soft, dry cloth
- Leather: Dust occasionally with clean, dry cloth
- Most stains can be removed by applying mild soap to slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over stain. Wipe dry
- The Leap® chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Leap® manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes
- The cushioning in back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable
- Leap® is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
- To reduce packaging waste, Leap® chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap® by 74%, resulting in significant reduction in amount of energy used in production
- Please Note: Use of standard carpet casters on hard surfaces, including floor mats, will affect chair stability and may result in personal injury
- The Leap chair is designed for a long life. To ensure that happens, back cushions, seat assembly, arms, and lumbar support can be added, changed, or replaced at any time
- Frame and structural components (base, arms, seat, and back) – Lifetime (for as long as you own it), seating mechanisms, including pneumatic cylinders –10 years, fabric or Leather – 5 Years
- Product Type: Conference chairs; Task chairs
- Style: Contemporary; Modern
- Upholstered: Yes
- Upholstery Material: Leather
See something odd?
Report it here.