The three masted Xebec with its lateen sails was used for centuries in the Mediteranean as a merchant ship because of its speed and shallow draught. It was not long before Corsairs, the pirates of the Mediteranean, decided on the Xebec as their vessel of choice for lighting fast attacks on heavier ladened merchant ships. With its fourteen cannons slug low in the waists, the Xebec would hole her prey just inches above the waterline making escape impossible. Six culverins were mounted along the poop deck for close action or just in case the crew tried to mutiny. Oars were used when the wind failed giving the Xebec the upper hand in attacking other vessels or fleeing the authorities.
- Xebec sailing ship
- Material: Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic tropical wood
- 100% hand built from scratch using "plank on frame" construction method
- Created by skilful master craftsmen
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments
- Perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector
- Dimensions: 7" H x 35" W x 27" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.