This model is simple, but stunning! It is a replica of a Boston Tender, a classic rowing boat believed to have originated along the New York waterfront in the early 1800s. Some hold that the Whitehall rowing boat design was introduced from England. However the famed nautical historian Howard I. Chappelle cites the opinion of the late W. P. Stephens that in New York City there is a Whitehall Street and this was where the Whitehall was first built. Chappelle, Stephens and others agree that the design came into existence sometime in the 1820’'s in New York City, having first been built by navy yard apprentices who had derived their model to some extent from the old naval gig.
- Material: Highest quality woods
- Fully assembled
- Handcrafted by master artisans
- Uses "plank on frame" construction
- Looks and feels like a miniature real boat
- Undergoes a demanding quality-control process
- Details of this boat model: Interior ribs, four oars, oar holders, seats, brass nameplate and stand
- Dimensions: 6" H x 24.5" W x 6" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.