Mirra is an innovative blend of passive and active adjustments that provides a new reference point in performance, aesthetics, and value. Mirra automatically shapes itself to each user, while a few simple adjustments fine-tune the fit and feel. The chair's next-generation innovations, including the upholstered backrest, all work together in a fresh-looking chair that's easy to use.
To create the Mirra chair, Herman Miller teamed with Studio 7.5, a German design firm. The Mirra chair is a product of their collective imagination, talent, and persistence--along with a willingness to break the mold in order to create a chair that sets a new standard for comfort, fit, balanced ride, and visual refinement in its price range. Studio 7.5 envisioned a chair that reacts to what people do. Part of the concept was to make the chair like a second skin, like a shadow of the sitter. From this concept, Mirra's passive adjustability was born. From the TriFlex back to the AireWeave seat suspension to the Harmonic tilt, Mirra does just what Studio 7.5 worked to achieve: Just sit on it, and it fits. There are only a few adjustment controls, and they are designed to be very intuitive. Mirra features common materials applied in original ways--such as the elastomeric seat suspension and molded polymer back that are used instead of foam and fabric. The relationship between materials and technology was optimized to achieve maximum performance with minimal materials.
- Passive PostureFit camber shape at the base of the back gives healthful, comfortable support to the lower back below the beltline
- Harmonic tilt creates pivot points at the hip, knee, and ankle
- AireWeave suspension follows the contours of the body and provides aeration
- FlexFront fully adjustable seat depth
- TriFlex polymer back support with fully adjustable lumbar support
- 5-Star base
- Pivot points are user's hip, knee, and ankles for easy, natural movement and control
- Backrest and seat move in proper relation for correct support in all positions
- Advanced spring technology allows for equal support throughout the wide, 26 degree tilt range
- Pliable, elastic material supports the user's entire back
- No adjustments necessary - geometric design creates three flex zones that conform to anyone's size, posture, and movement
- Camber contour at base forms a passive PostureFit support and helps maintain proper spinal alignment
- Received a Gold Award in the ''Best of NeoCon'' 2003 Competition
- Named among Top 10 Green Building Products in 2003
- Earned the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design's GOOD DESIGN(TM) Award for 2003
- Received a ''Silver'' in the 2004 Industrial Design Excellence Awards (IDEA), an international competition sponsored by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) and BusinessWeek magazine
- Breathable construction allows heat to escape and keeps sitters cool
- Wayfair backs a 12-year manufacturer if you have any problem with your Aeron chair, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it
- Product Type: Conference chairs
See something odd?
Report it here.