About the Designer
Japanese (1905 - 1990)
George Nakashima, wood craftsman and poet, studied architecture at the University of Washington, Seattle, the Ecole Americaine des Beaux-Arts Fontainebleau in France and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He worked for Antonin Raymond. Nakashima received the gold medal for craftsmanship from the American Institute of Architects and the Hazlett Award. The subject of several one-man exhibitions, Nakashima also authored The Soul of a Tree: A Woodworker's Reflections.
The Design George Nakashima is best known for his unique pieces of furniture, which are prized for their respect for the natural forms of the tree and the inherent grain of the wood. The Splay Leg Tray employs two wood types, Originally designed for Knoll in the late 1940's, the Splay-leg Table was reintroduced into the product line. The tray is a beautiful accent to your home! *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
- Tray edge details are joined to top with mortise and tenon joints
- KnollStudio logo and designer's signature stamped under table top
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Splay Leg Table is Greenguard certified
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your George Nakashima Splay-Leg Coffee Table with Optional Tray that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Order with Confidence:Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Features at a Glance: Design Year: 1948Tray is constructed of solid Douglas Fir lumber that is quarter-cut and finished in a clear low-sheen finish
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty