About the Designer
England (1958 - )
Ross Lovegrove was born in Wales in 1958 and graduated at Manchester Polytechnic in 1980 before moving to London, where he studied at the Royal College of Art, obtaining a Master's degree in Design in 1983. In the early 1980s he worked as a designer in Germany for Frog Design and then in Paris as a consultant with Knoll International. Returning to London in 1988, he developed projects for different companies and began his long and fruitful association with the italian furniture industry. His love of materials-based design and conceptual interest in form as an interface between practical function and psycho-social behaviour and use, are well known. As many critics have noted, one of the major reasons for his success as a product and interior designer is his unusual sensitivity to the physicality of objects, and how form relates to the physical gestures of use. As an 'organic minimalist', Lovegrove rejects the notion that form should be imposed on objects: in his view, an object is a form which generates relationship of use as it moves in space.
Ross Lovegrove is inspired by forms of the natural world, the possibilities of new manufacturing techniques and the ability to evoke an emotional response in users. Whether creating a luxury leather bag collection or a plastic thermos flask, Lovegrove’s humanistic approach and organic sensibility have set a direction for design in the next century.
Recognized for forward-thinking organically- inspired products crafted in innovative materials, Ross Lovegrove achieves a new level of clarity for Knoll. The Ross Lovegrove Collection offers a group of tables with a range of edge details and finish options. The KnollStudio® logo and Ross Lovegrove's signature are stamped onto the base of every table.
*This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
Features at a Glance:
Design Year: 2007
- Features a rectangular shaped, Starphire™ Glass top, with 3" radius corners
- Starphire™ Glass is more clear and luminous than regular glass; The low iron content gives glass a crystal quality; 1/8" bevel edge has an exceptionally clear character
- Top has nameplate with designer's signature
- Multi-color base that consists of robin’s egg blue, rust, yellow and orange
- Base is powder coated steel round tubes with aluminum connections
- KnollStudio logo and designer's signature are stamped into the base
- Not suitable for outdoor use
Overall Dimensions: 28" H x 78.75" W x 39.38" D
Order with Confidence:
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED™
certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Florence Knoll End Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.