About the DesignerDon Chadwick
United States (1936 - )
In the last few decades, Don Chadwick has pioneered the use of modern materials, moulding processes and mechanisms leading to cutting-edge products that have raised the standard for their market. A native of Southern California, Don Chadwick received his principal training in design at the University of California, Los Angeles. He then worked for architect Victor Gruen before establishing his own practice in 1964. In 1974, Chadwick designed Chadwick Modular Seating. In collaboration with William Stumpf he designed the Equa 1 flexing-plastic chair (1984). Then in 1994, the landmark Aeron chair catapulted Chadwick to national attention, the Industrial Designers Society of America and Business Week Magazine awarded Design of the Decade to the Aeron chair in 1999. Chadwick has received numerous awards over the past three and a half decades. Chadwick's relationship with Knoll marks a milestone in the career of an inventive designer. "I am gratified to be part of the Knoll legacy, I consider Knoll to be at the highest level of contemporary design, and our collaboration is a notable one for me." with the Chadwick chair, he has proven himself as effective at bringing a product to market as he has been at creating the market itself. The Design
Don Chadwick simplified the design of an office chair to include only necessary components. Combining his design experience and Knoll's design principles, the Chadwick High Task Chair boasts several extraordinary features.
- Created from Don Chadwick's thorough comprehension of material properties, the Chadwick mesh is a woven material made out of Lycra, polyester, and elastic precisely heat molded into the frame. The result is energizing support that conforms to the user's shape and minimizes pressure points
- The Chadwick's mechanism is a spring loaded mechanism. It is this mechanism combined with mesh heat-molded at precise tension that creates the Chadwick's defining feel of Active Suspension™. The Active Suspension system provides buoyant support and the recline catches the user as a glove would a baseball
- There are only 6 bolts in the Chadwick, leaving virtually no room for anything to go wrong. The chair is not lever intensive because it is designed to adjust to the user, rather than the user adjust the chair. The final product provides resilient comfort, accommodating the user's unique shape while remaining wonderfully easy to operate
*This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
Features at a Glance:
Design Year: 2005
- Active Suspension system includes synchronized tilt mechanism and resilient fabric
- Forward-tilt provides stability and relieves fatigue
- Variable seat D accommodates wide range of users
- Generous lumbar curvature
- Flexing armpads alleviate pressure points
- Pneumatic seat height
- 360° swivel
- Adjustable black plastic footring
- Designed to minimize impact on the environment
- Optional tilt stop limits upright tilt using a lever
- Optional lumbar support secures to chair back magnetically
- Available with hard casters, soft casters or glides
- Also available as Standard Task Chair
Care & Maintenance:
- Frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean, with a mild upholstery shampoo or the foam from a mild detergent. When using a cleaning product, follow instructions carefully and clean only in a well-ventilated room. Avoid any product that contains carbon tetrachloride or other toxic materials. With any method, pretest a small area before proceeding. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached
- Seat Height: 23.5" - 30.75"
- Arm Height: 31" - 41"
- Overall Dimensions: 44.5" - 52" H x 26.5" W x 25.5" D
Order with Confidence:
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- The Chadwick Chair is Greenguard certified.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Chadwick High Task Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
Please Note: This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications. Note: This quality item is custom made for your order. Unfortunately, this means that orders cannot be cancelled or returned once placed, so please call our trained staff with any questions you may have prior to ordering - we will ensure that you get exactly what you need.
Shipping Charges Priced in Cart
Ships via Inside Delivery & Assembly
back to top
|Chadwick High Task Chair
||44.5 - 52" H x 26.5" W x 25.5" D
|Application Options:||Indoor, Outdoor, Residential|
|Features Options:||Adjustable Height, Caster / Wheels, Greenguard Certified, Has Arms, Lumbar Support|
|Product Category:||Office Chairs|
|Style:||Contemporary / Modern|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top