About the Designer
Finnish designer Antti Kotilainen, who places an emphasis on practicality and experimentation, has created a variety of products for both residential and contract applications. The CHIP Barstool, winner of the Good Design® Award from the Chicago Athenaeum, showcases Kotilainen's talent and creative vision. With the same clean, graceful lines that distinguish the innovative CHIP chair, the CHIP Barstool features a sleek, minimal appearance that makes it a highly adaptable piece.
The CHIP Barstool, winner of the Good Design® Award from the Chicago Athenaeum, showcases Kotilainen's talent and creative vision. With the same clean, graceful lines that distinguish the innovative CHIP chair, the CHIP Barstool features a sleek, minimal appearance that makes it a highly adaptable piece.
The CHIP Barstool features form-pressed thin plywood sheets on a steel frame, resulting in a physically and visually light aesthetic. Its distinct and harmonious lines enhance any interior space either individually or grouped in rows or clusters. The CHIP Barstool is available in a wide range of bright and neutral finishes including natural birch, white, red, orange, grey, black and blue. The stackable stool is ideal for cafeterias, breakout areas and hospitality applications. Its durability and style make it ideal for public spaces, offices, cafes and bars. Its light, elegant appearance allows it to be seamlessly incorporated into any number of environments. *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 2002
- Shell made of melamine-covered birch
- Base made of steel with a chrome-plated finish
- Deceptively light seat, comprising 27 layers, belies incredible strength and durability
- Perfectly sized at bar height
- Stackable up to 6 stools high
- Suitable for residential or commercial use
- Shell available in either natural birch, blue, black, orange, red, grey, yellow or white finish
- The Good Design® Award of the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design, 2003
Order with Confidence:
- Overall Dimensions: 33.75" H x 19.5" W x 17.5" D
- Seat Height: 29.5"
- Footrest Height: 11.5"
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The CHIP Collection is Greenguard certified.
- The CHIP Barstool meets Cal 133 specifications.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your CHIP Barstool that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.