About the Designer
Italy (1963 - )
Marco Maran was born in Siena in 1963. His work with various companies has gained him considerable recognition as a designer. He has taken part in many national and international exhibitions. His work has also been rewarded with many international prizes and awards. He received special mention at the 1994 Young and Design competition with his design Ciak. In 2003 he won the Good Design Award of Chicago with the So Happy Chair. He received first prize in 2004 with the So Happy and Nuda and Cryda Chairs at the Sidim in Montreal. In 2005 he won with the X3 chair. In 2006 he won the Good Design Award of Tokyo with the designs Ricciolina and So Happy. The Body to Body chair was selected for the Adi Design Index 2006
Marco Maran achieves sculptural transparency in X3, an imaginative collection suited to both home and public spaces. Pioneering technology and materials, the X3 Stacking Chair is constructed of clear polycarbonate with a Desmopan® lattice and uses a complex molding technology applied for the first time in furniture. The chair's undulating profile and striking palette of glowing colors, punctuated by the structural grid, energize any environment. The result: a deceptively simple geometry that conveys a highly graphic effect.
*This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
Features at a Glance: Sled base constructed of chrome-plated steel
Base is always polished chrome finish
One piece seat shell, constructed by the bi-injection of transparent polycarbonate and a Desmopan® lattice
4 white nylon glides included with the chair
Chair stacks 15 on the ground
Available in 6 finishes
Order with Confidence:
- Overall Dimensions: 30.25" H x 21" W x 18.5" D
- Seat Height: 17.25"
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The X3 Stacking Chair is Greenguard certified.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your X3 Stacking Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. .
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.