''The underside of typical chairs and tables makes a confusing, unrestful world,'' said esteemed Finnish designer Eero Saarinen. ''I wanted to clear up the slum of legs.'' Thus in 1957 Saarinen unveiled his ground-breaking collection of pedestal coffee, dining and side tables, whose simple elegance has endured for 50 years. Stylish and modern, the Saarinen Oval Dining Table is a design masterpiece that fits seamlessly into any environment.
Eero Saarinen might be considered by some to be a purist when it came to his approach towards architecture and interior design. He sought the essential idea and reduced it to the most effective structural solution within an overall unity of design. When he designed his pedestal collection, including the Oval Dining Table, Saarinen realized his ideal of formal unity: ''Every significant piece of furniture from the past has a holistic structure.'' To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Saarinen's revolutionary Tulip Collection, Knoll has introduced a reintroduced teak and rosewood tabletop finishes.
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the Knoll Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Base made of heavy molded aluminum
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Saarinen Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Transparent polyester coat helps prevent use-associated stains
- Base is strap-polished and coated in tough, abrasion-resistant rilsan finish
- Please note that marbles with polyester coating will yellow over time
- Made in the United States
- Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED#174 certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Saarinen tables with laminate, natural marble and granite tabletops are Greenguard certified.
- Top Material: Granite; Marble
- Seating Capacity (Large - Light Oak Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Rosewood Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Teak Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Nero Marquina Coated Marble Size / Finish, Large - Arabescato Coated Marble Size / Finish, Large - Calacatta Coated Marble Size / Finish, Large - Light Walnut Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Ebonized Walnut Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Reff Dark Cherry Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Pearwood Veneer Size / Finish, Large - Verde Alpi Coated Marble Size / Finish, Large - White Extra Coated Marble Size / Finish, Large - Calacatta Gold Natural Marble Size / Finish, Large - Brown Emperador Natural Marble Size / Finish, Large - Natural Granite Size / Finish, Large - White Laminate Size / Finish, Large - Coated Carrara Size / Finish, Large- Satin Coated Arabescato Size / Finish): 8
- Table Base Type: Pedestal