In the midst of the modern design movement in the 1960s, Warren Platner turned a simple concept -- transforming steel wire into a unique and supremely modern sculptural furniture collection -- into a creative masterpiece: the Platner Table series. This classic table will surely make quite a statement in your living room, den or office. Designed in 1966, the Platner Coffee Table is truly a unique piece. Considered by many to be a design icon of the modern era, the Platner Table's harmonious forms are created by welding curved vertical steel wire rods to circular frames, producing a moiré effect. Decorative, gentle and graceful, the Platner Coffee Table is truly one of a kind.
- Frame made of vertical steel rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods
- Base features clear plastic extrusion ring for smooth bottom surface
- Coated marble tops have transparent polyester coating to help eliminate use-associated stains
- Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Top Material: Glass; Marble
See something odd?
Report it here.