As a pioneer of the Knoll Planning Unit, Florence Knoll created what she modestly referred to as the 'fill-in pieces that no one else wants to do.' She refers to her own line of lounge seating as the equivalent of 'meat and potatoes,' asserting, 'I needed the piece of furniture for a job and it wasn't there, so I designed it.' Like so many of her ground-breaking designs that set the industry's gold standard, the 1954 Lounge collection has made it into the pantheon of modern classics. Consistent with all of Knoll's designs, the Lounge collection has a spare, angular profile that reflects the objective perfectionism of modern design in the early 1960s. This sofa is perfect for both formal and casual settings, including reception areas, universities, museums and private homes. Upholstery is quality leather for a classic look, or in dozens of both bright and neutral fabric options for a more casual space. Inspire your child's creativity with these playful objects. Suitable for use indoors and out, the stones can fuel imagination in the sandbox or playroom. Maya Lin: "It goes back to a childhood fascination we all have - that moment when you discover that the earth is round... and you walk around trying to see that curve.".
- Includes chrome-plated adjustable glides for leveling
- Solid wood inner frame
- Metal base and legs are made of heavy gauge tubular steel
- Florence Knoll's signature and the KnollStudio logo are stamped onto base of the frame
- Seat cushions
- Molded 100% recycled polyethylene stones with integral color, a light texture and a low gloss finish
- Due to recycled content, black specs can be seen on the surface of the stone
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®
See something odd?
Report it here.