Inspired by the lines of tubular iron rockers designed in Europe during the mid-19th century, Mies van der Rohe elevated industrial materials to art. ''Form is not the aim of our work. It is the result,'' wrote Mies van der Rohe. The result here is the ultra stylish and sleek modern MR Chair. One part sculpture, one part chair, you'll be surprised at how comfortable this piece really is. The Design Influenced by fellow modern designer, Marcel Breuer and his use of tubular steel, Mies van der Rohe realized the compatibility of this revolutionary material with the contemporary design ethos. Mies expanded upon a similar style of tubular steel rocking chairs, incorporating new material and a new technology in the use of the cantilever principle. Upholstered in soft cowhide leather, the MR Chair is the epitome of class. Both beautiful and elegant, the MR Chair is the ultimate statement in modern design. Honored with The Museum of Modern Art Award in 1977 and the Design Center Stuttgart Award in 1978, each chair features the KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe stamped in the base. In addition, the MR Chair is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified.
- Four molded clear plastic glides included
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Leather is crafted in a series of quilted and seamed cushion sections
- Modern design classic featured in New York's Museum of Modern Art
- The MR Chair is Greenguard certified.
- The Museum of Modern Art Award, 1977
- Design Center Stuttgart Award, 1978
- Frame is tubular stainless steel with a polished finish
- Product Type: Side and guest chairs