Conceived in 1953 as a rocking stool made of metal wire and wood, Noguchi's playful object was manufactured the following year in varying sizes, and later evolved into a table that became a companion piece to the Bertoia wire children's chair. At the suggestion of Hans Knoll, Noguchi's small table was enlarged to full size in 1957. Reintroduced by Knoll in collaboration with the Noguchi Foundation, the design is now meticulously produced from Noguchi's original drawings. The sculptural base consists of a column of chrome-plated steel wires set into a cast-iron black porcelain-finished foot. *This product is made to order and thus, customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Table base is black porcelain-finished cast-iron
- Each table features a signature plate under the table top with the KnollStudio® logo and Isamu Noguchi's signature
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Cyclone Side Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Steel wire column with chrome plated finish
- Tabletop is Birch plywood with laminate surface and a natural Birch edge
- Top Material: Manufactured wood
See something odd?
Report it here.