The Design Conceived in 1953 as a rocking stool made of metal wire and wood, Noguchi's playful object was manufactured the following year, and later evolved into a table that became a companion piece to the Bertoia wire children's chair. At the suggestion of Hans Knoll, Noguchi's small table was enlarged to full size in 1957. Reintroduced by Knoll in collaboration with the Noguchi Foundation, the design is now meticulously produced from Noguchi's original drawings. The sculptural base consists of a column of chrome-plated steel wires set into a cast-iron, black textured powder coat base. This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
- Order with Confidence:Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity
- Table top is black or white laminate with a natural birch edge and 0.8'' thick
- Table base is cast iron, black textured powder-coat
- Each table features a signature plate under the table top with the KnollStudio logo and Isamu Noguchi's signature
- Features at a Glance: Design Year: 1955 Steel wire column with chrome plated finish
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Cyclone Dining Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty
- Top Material: Manufactured wood
- Seating Capacity (36" Size): 4
- Seating Capacity (42" Size): 5
- Table Base Type: Pedestal
- Product Care: Clean with a dry, lint-freecloth. Wash once a year witha mild soap and water solution,rinse with damp cloth,and dry immediately with dry,lint free cloth.
- Product Warranty: Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll warranty.
See something odd?
Report it here.