Combining distinctive looks with pioneering ergonomics, Aeron performs like no other chair. It adapts naturally and adjusts precisely to fit people of all sizes and postures doing all kinds of activities, all day long. The imaginative design of this chair gives superior comfort, body support, and style that is widely copied but never matched.
WHY BUY FROM US?
- Wayfair stands behind our 100% Price-match Guarantee on all Herman Miller chairs
- Wayfair backs a 12-year manufacturer warranty – if you have any problem with your
*except in Massachusetts and Utah
DESIGNERS DON CHADWICK AND BILL STUMPF
Herman Miller turned to designers Don Chadwick and Bill Stumpf to design a totally new kind of work stool. Chadwick's and Stumpf's previous collaboration had produced the groundbreaking Equa chair.
The two designers began this development process with a clean slate, with no assumptions about form or material, but with some strong convictions about what a chair ought to do for a person.
Ergonomically, it ought to do more than just sit there. It should actively intercede for the health of the person who sits in it longer than she should.
Functionally, it ought to move and adjust as simply and naturally as possible. It should support a person in any position he cares to assume, at any task his office job serves up.
Anthropometrically, it ought to be more inclusive than its predecessors. It should do more than accommodate small or large people; it should really fit them.
Environmentally, it ought to be benign. It should be sparing of natural resources, durable and repairable, designed for disassembly and recycling; made largely of recycled materials, the Aeron Work Stool is designed to last a long time, with parts that get the most wear easily replaced and recycled. It's just what you would expect in a well thought-out design.
The design that fulfilled these criteria met all expectations and shattered some of them. It wasn't upholstered. It wasn't padded. It was dimensioned in three models that looked exactly alike and that had nothing to do with their users' job titles. It didn't look like any other office chair. And its revolutionary concept incorporated more patentable ideas than any previous Herman Miller research program.
- Graphite base and frame finish
- Available with optional adjustable lumbar support
- Features pneumatic seat-height adjustment and two height options
- Features ergonomic footring mechanism that allows user to adjust height of the footring from seated position, reducing pressure on underside of user's thighs
- The height-adjustable fine-tune footring moves up and down with the seat pan; once properly adjusted, it is always at the right position
- Fixed arms with black nonupholstered armpads
- Kinemat® tilt lets the body naturally pivot at the ankles, knees and hips
- 5-star base with your choice of standard carpet casters, hard floor casters or deep carpet casters
- Accommodates all of the three basic seated postures identified through research at George Washington University by designer Bill Stumpf
- Design corresponds to natural linkages with movements in line with the normal movement (kinematics) of the human body
- Sitter's feet, arms, and back support remain in place whether reclining or leaning forward for effortless transition between postures
- Optional Lumbar Support
- Added comfort and stability
- Lumbar pad connects to chair back and adjusts vertically through a 4.25 height range