The H. Wilson Company is the premier manufacturer of utility carts, audio visual carts, video tables, computer work stations, overhead projector tables, mobile cabinets, TV and speaker mounting systems, tripods, literature racks, and more! We cater to the educational, office, library, and industrial furniture markets. With dealers in all 50 states, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia we have become the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality specialty furniture.
The H. Wilson company was founded in 1959 by a visionary named Howard Wilson (hence our company name). It all started back in the 1950's: Howard had a mobile Rear Projection Unit made to provide schools with a solution to project onto screens in multiple classrooms. In 1959, before he introduced his Rear Projection Unit, Howard founded H. Wilson. The Rear Projection Unit was eagerly accepted by the educational market and ultimately went on the be the first in a long line of H. Wilson's very successful products.
Howard's greatest achievement came in the early 1970's when H. Wilson was the first company to successfully apply the emerging technology of structural foam injection molding as an alternative for manufacturing steel mobile carts. Structural foam is nearly indestructible, and it made shipping disassembled products practical and cost-effective. The rise of this technology gave birth to the Tuffy® Table, which established a new standard and created a new industry. To this day, H. Wilson is still the only company to manufacture plastic AV carts in seven different colors.
H. Wilson serves world markets through leading audio-visual dealers, school equipment distributors, library equipment distributors, microcomputer dealers, office products dealers and other specialty furniture channels of distribution. Our general offices are maintained in South Holland, IL (near Chicago) and we have warehousing and distribution facilities in both South Holland, and Birmingham, AL.