The complete 6 - set phonics program reinforces the skills necessary for reading success with an exciting game format that children love playing on their own, or with adult guidance. After completing Sets 1, 2, and 3, children will be able to decode hundreds of 3 and 4 - letter words. As they progress through the program, they acquire new decoding skills - so they're reading in no time! The heart of the program is the Talking Hot Dots Pen, which provides fun feedback as it TALKS, makes fun SOUNDS, and even GLOWS. Press a correct answer, and hear words of encouragement, as the pen glows green. Select a wrong answer, and you might hear "Sorry, try again," as the pen glows red. This is the kind of reinforcement children respond to with repeated play…and practice soon leads to mastery!
Complete Hot Dots Phonics Program includes:
- Set 1 - Reading Readiness: Match uppercase and lowercase letters and explore colors, shapes, numbers, sounds and rhymes
- Set 2 - Consonants: Learn initial, medial, and final consonant sounds (including hard and soft c and g) in word context
- Set 3 - Vowels: Identify short and long vowel sounds. Read CVC words and phrases, plus various spellings of long - vowel words including "magic e"
- Set 4 - Blends and Digraphs: Read words and phrases with beginning and ending r-, l-, and s- blends and digraphs (sh, ch, th, wh)
- Set 5 - Word Families: Read words with the 37 most common phonograms including -at, -ank, -et, -ell, -in, -ing, -ot, -ock, -un and -unk
- Set 6 - Variant Vowels and more.: Identify r - controlled vowels, (ar, er, ir, or, ur), vowel digraphs (tooth, crawl), and vowel diphthongs (join, around). Also silent letters, and words ending in - le and -y (cry, baby)
- Each set includes 72 learning activities on 36 full - color double - sided cards
- Packaged in sturdy plastic storage cases, these are the perfect send - home helpers for children needing extra practice
- All cards can also be used without the Power Pen as traditional flash cards
- Perfect for home and school practice
- Grade: K and up
- Age: 5 years and up
- Dimensions: 6" H x 10.1" W x 12.5" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.